Re: [Videolib] Feature Film Scenes re: Food / Counseling

Linda Hellman (lhellman@optonline.net)
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:50:06 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_Ee9D6xBMEQYfAah8yFedpQ)

"Fatso" with Dom DeLuise and Ann Bancroft

Linda Hellman,Regional Sales Manager
Ambrose Video Publishing
145 W.45th Street -Suite 1115
New York NY 10036
1.888.802.6715
----- Original Message -----
From: Meghann Matwichuk
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 4:54 PM
Subject: [Videolib] Feature Film Scenes re: Food / Counseling

Dear CW,

Here's a fun one... I've been asked to come up with a list of feature films for a nutrition counseling class that show how people may use food to cope, doctor or counselor/patient interaction, or food rituals in the home. She is not necessarily looking for films where food is an overarching theme -- rather, films with scenes that can be used as a discussion-starter to liven up a lecture. A few ideas that the prof. has come up with already are:

Patch Adams
Soul Food
Two Weeks Notice
Parenthood
The Doctor
Bridget Jones Diary

A couple of others with key scenes that I'm thinking of are:

Candy
Pieces of April
Spanglish (though I haven't seen it)
Fried Green Tomatoes

I keep wanting to recommend the 'Itis episode of The Boondocks, but I don't quite thing that's what she's after ;) . If anyone can recall / recommend specific scenes (in case I haven't seen the film in question recently), I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Meghann Matwichuk, M.S.
Senior Assistant Librarian
Morris Library, University of Delaware
181 S. College Ave.
Newark, DE 19717
(302) 831-1475

[...]

--Boundary_(ID_Ee9D6xBMEQYfAah8yFedpQ)-- VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.