Re: [Videolib] Film search: La Fiesta de Todos

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:27:51 -0400

--B_3258980876_161821468

Off the record Richard can be very slow to return messages but in any event
the best he could do which I doubt he would have time for
is dig up contact info for the Argentine company he arranged to bring it in
from which I don=B9t think would help much.

As usual my rule of thumb when professors ask for very obscure foreign film=
is to make them confirm that
The film was distributed in the US ( festivals & museums don=B9t count) OR
they have direct info that the film can be bought
Overseas ( with titles) . Otherwise it is a waste of time. Of course even i=
the film WAS distributed in the US that is no guarantee you can get it on
VHS
Or DVD but it does give you a place to start

On 4/9/07 3:59 PM, "Ellen Taussig" <etaussig@swankmp.com> wrote:

> I found a website with an interview of Richard Pena, the programming dire=
ctor
> of the Film Society of Lincoln Center in New York which was about his
> screening of La Fiesta de Todos. I would recommend contacting him to see=
if
> he knows how to get rights for the film. All other websites said the fil=
m was
> not available on DVD, VHS or TV. There were no company credits.
> =20
> Contact Information
> The Film Society of Lincoln Center
> 70 Lincoln Center Plaza
> New York, NY 10023-6595
> =20
> Film Society Administrative Offices 212 875 5610
> Film Society Membership 212 875 5630
> Film Society of Lincoln Center Customer Service 212 875 5367
> =20
> Here is the interview website.
> =20
> http://www.unojoavizor.com/nota_archivo.php?lan=3Despanol&seccion=3DEntrevist=
a&key
> =3D113&search_str=3D&pag=3D1
> <http://www.unojoavizor.com/nota_archivo.php?lan=3Despanol&amp;seccion=3DEntr=
evist
> a&amp;key=3D113&amp;search_str=3D&amp;pag=3D1>
> =20
> Ellen
>=20
> =20
> =20
>=20
>=20

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3258980876_161821468

Re: [Videolib] Film search: La Fiesta de Todos Off t= he record Richard can be very slow to return messages but in any event the b= est he could do which I doubt he would have time for
is dig up contact info for the Argentine company he arranged to bring it in= from which I don’t think would help much.

As usual my rule of thumb when professors ask for very obscure foreign film= s is to make them confirm that
The film was distributed in the US ( festivals & museums don’t co= unt) OR they have direct info that the film can be bought
Overseas ( with titles) . Otherwise it is a waste of time. Of course even i= f the film WAS distributed in the US that is no guarantee you can get it on = VHS

=