Re: [Videolib] Public library survey

Janet Robinson (janetr@abbe-lib.org)
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:28:33 -0400

--_0330-1528-33-PART-BREAK

Hi, Tracy,
Looking forward to your survey summary,
Janet Robinson
Aiken, SC

-----Original Message-----
From: "Montri, Tracy" <tracy.montri@toledolibrary.org>
To: <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:45:52 -0500
Subject: [Videolib] Public library survey

My library is looking at some possible changes to our AV offerings. I’d
like to hear from you to determine what your institutions are already doing.
Results will be compiled and posted on the list. Many thanks if you are
able to take a few moments to respond. Please excuse any duplicate emails
to individuals.

Name of Library Aiken County Public Library, Aiken, SC (www.abbe-lib.org)

Name of survey respondent Janet Robinson, Head of Reference & DVD selector

Phone number 803-642-2022

# DVDs allowed per check-out? Computer allows 4 juv. DVDs & 4 adult DVDs per
card, although we don't generally advertise the actual 8, but consider the
guideline to be 4 per card....

Are your fiction DVDs reservable? Yes.

If yes, do you have a percentage that are nonrequest and made available to
browsers? Friends of the Library have a DVD Rental Collection that is
nonrequest, but costs 25 cents per day as their fundraiser.

Do you limit the number of reserves per library card? Patrons may reserve up
to 10 items of any kind per library card, except for the nonreservable DVD
rentals.

Do you have a collection development ratio? X number of DVDs per patron
request? No.

How many days does a reserved item remain on hold for a patron to pick up? 7
days.

Do you offer eVideo(downloadable video)? Not yet, although one of our
Friends of the Library members wondered out loud about it a couple of weeks
ago....

If yes, is it available inside the library or just remotely?

What companies do you use for eVideo?

What is your budget for DVDs? What is the budget for eVideo? $3,500 for
DVDs for fiscal year...this does not include the Friends Rental collection.

Does eVideo come out of a database or materials budget?

How often is your eVideo downloaded? What impact did eVideo have on your
DVD circulation statistics?

Do you have restrictions on juvenile check-out of DVDs or access to eVideo?
At this time, the DVDs are not restricted to juvenile check-out, but are
left to parental discretion.

Thanks again!
Tracy Montri
Manager, Audiovisual Department