Re: [Videolib] abusive parents in movies

Steve Switzer (switzers@fiu.edu)
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:24:08 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0100_01C767E7.85D2A7B0

"A doctor once told me to beat her mercilessly. . ."

Couldn't resist,
Steve Switzer
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Meghann Matwichuk=20
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu=20
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Videolib] abusive parents in movies

If we want to lower the bar on taste, there's always the antagonistic =
(and deadly) mother-daughter relationship between Divine and Mink Stole =
in Female Trouble...

Happy Friday,

*************************
Meghann Matwichuk, M.S.
Senior Assistant Librarian
Morris Library, University of Delaware
181 S. College Ave.
Newark, DE 19717
(302) 831-1475

Gary Handman wrote:=20
How about Mary Tyler Moore humiliating Tim Bottoms in Ordinary =
People...=20

Gary Handman=20
Director=20
Media Resources Center=20
Moffitt Library=20
UC Berkeley=20
ghandman@library.berkeley.edu=20
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC=20

"In societies where modern conditions of production prevail, all of =
life presents itself as an immense accumulation of spectacles."=20

--Guy Debord=20

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of =
issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic =
control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in =
libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve =
as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel =
of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video =
producers and distributors.=20

------=_NextPart_000_0100_01C767E7.85D2A7B0

"A doctor once told me to beat her = mercilessly. .=20 ."

Couldn't resist,
Steve Switzer