RE: [Videolib] Fw: Request for cost figures for cleaning DVDs--2nd post

Mary J. McCoy (Mary.McCoy@lsco.edu)
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 07:58:47 -0600

No unfortunately you are not. We have looked at the cleaning/fixing of
DVDs but have yet to actually do anything. It is hard to break the
habits of replace don't try to fix. It seems to be a modern mindset.

Mary J. McCoy
Lamar State College-Orange
410 Front St.
Orange, TX 77630
409.882.3080
FAX 409.883.7552

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Amy
Stewart-Mailhiot
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 2:36 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Fw: Request for cost figures for cleaning
DVDs--2nd post

This brings up a question that we've been batting around here - how
many libraries perform this kind of cleaning/fixing of DVDs? When
we inherited the video collection from the campus Learning Resource
Center a few years back, the person there told us that there was
'nothing to be done' for damaged DVDs. Given the responses to
Karen's question, thus far, that seems incorrect. I will, of
course, find James' article, but in the mean time thought I'd try
to get a sense of whether or not we are the only library in the
country just tossing out damaged items.

Thanks,
Amy

---------------------------------------