Re: [Videolib] Fw: Request for cost figures for cleaning DVDs--2nd

Matthew Ballard (mballard@otis.edu)
Wed, 07 Mar 2007 16:50:51 -0800

So far have chosen to outsource our repairs as well. We have considered
at times purchasing our own repair unit, although we don't have enough
data to show a financial benefit necessarily. We send ours out to
Rubberdisc, who does a very good job at doing the repairs, discs
generally come back looking like new. The main disadvantage is the
process of packing and sending in batches as opposed to just being able
to repair individual ones in house when needed. We decide which ones to
send out based on the level of damage, but short of cracks in the disc,
we have been able to repair everything.

They may have said there was nothing to be done based on using other
repair systems such as the Disc Doctor. As far as I'm concerned, those
cheap repair systems are useless, the difference between a professional
system (outsourced or in house) is dramatic.

Matthew Ballard
Otis College of Art and Design Library
mballard@otis.edu