RE: [Videolib] Wylbur MacDonald

Pasteur, Eric (EricPasteur@ppl.peoria.lib.il.us)
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:40:59 -0600

Becky:

I would suggest contacting his former employer, Texas Wesleyan University,
to see if they have archival materials related to his life and work.

I searched most of the more comprehensive music reference sources, but had
no luck.

Eric
_____________________________________
Eric Pasteur
Reference Services
Peoria Public Library
Peoria IL 61602
Tel 309.497.2145
Fax 309.674.0116
ericpasteur@ppl.peoria.lib.il.us
"Art is a lie which makes you realize the truth."
--Pablo Picasso

-----Original Message-----
From: Tatar, Becky [mailto:bltata@aurora.lib.il.us]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 3:49 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Wylbur MacDonald

Hello, all,
A little bit off from video - we are trying to track down information on
the above composer. The "u" in his first name has an umlaut. I did
find a trace mention of him on Wikipedia, in reference to another
composer. We have some sheet music of MacDonald's that has an
autograph, so we want to know who he is. He would have lived around the
turn of the last century - dying in 1912. If you could pass this onto
your music reference folks, that would be great. Thanks a lot.

Becky Tatar
Periodicals/Audiovisuals
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street