Re: [Videolib] VOD & PPR .. bfd

Michael Rios (mrios@epfl.net)
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:36:03 -0500

Dear Folks:

While I do understand the restrictions of copyright and I would not like
to see the collection slowly taken away from librarians and given over
to the IT department, it also seems that we should be happy that
technology is allowing for faster and easier was of deliverying content.
Producers and artist have every right to be paid and make a living from
their work but as a whole the movie industry does need to realize that
streaming is the wave of the future (or at least until it is superceded
by some new invention) and i am sure that there can be some sort of
comprise that would allow filmmakers to profit, people to stream
movies, and libraries to preserve said films.

Sincerely,
Michael