Re: [Videolib] When the Levees Broke PPR?

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:02:50 -0500

I am not all surprised. As I have mentioned before films including docs that
are made for television often have contracts that restrict any public
showing. The reason is that in order to secure public showing rights , the
cost of actors, camera operators, music, clips etc is kicked to another
level and many companies figure ( usually correctly ) that it is simply not
worth the added expense for a films whose intended market is television. As
I recall there can be some quirks where a company can allow a film to be
shown on a case by case basis under specific circumstances. As a practical
matter most companies are not going to spend a lot of time on this

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503