Re: [Videolib] El Norte - PPR

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:16:08 -0500

Um Swank never did it.
I can't believe you even have a copy
The film has been out of print for about 15 years and no DVD has ever been
released ( legally anyway)
Some years ago now defunct OCTOBER Films made a deal to re-release it but it
never happened. I am pretty sure rights have reverted to the director
Gregory Nava. I contacted him many years ago about it in terms of pirate
copies but I don't have any contact now

On 2/14/07 3:51 PM, "Brigid Duffy" <bduffy@sfsu.edu> wrote:

> Hi Videolib,
>
> Any thoughts on who might handle public performance rights for "El
> Norte"? Swank no longer does (I called).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brigid Duffy
> Media Acquisitions
> Academic Technology