Re: [Videolib] Question on Public Performance Rights for East

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:05:56 -0500

It is really a title by title thing and alas a lot of Asian stuff can be
bootleg or questionable. You might try to contact places like Tai Seng
But I don't think they ever have PPR rights but they have a great library
No harm in asking them but sorry I don't have any contact info

I believe Wellspring library is still handled seperately by Genius Products
And they had some good ones
Again it is pretty much title by title for rights

On 2/13/07 4:37 PM, "Threatt, Monique L" <mthreatt@indiana.edu> wrote:

> Speaking of PPR, I need your valuable assistance. Surprisingly enough,
> the global village students have asked me to come speak to their group
> about PPR, copyright, etc. With the exception of the following PPR
> providers, who would you recommend as the top PPR providers for East
> Asian films in the United States and Canada?
>
> Criterion, USA
> Facets, Multi-media
> Kino, International
> Milestone Films
> Motion Picture Licensing Corporation
> New Yorker Films
> SWANK Motion Picture, Inc.
> Zeitgeist Films
> Women Make Movies
> Third World Newsreel
>
> I would greatly appreciate your responses no later than this Friday.
> Thanking you in advance.
>
> Best,
> Mo
> *************************
> Monique Threatt
> Associate Head, Kent Cooper Room Services
> Librarian for Media, and Communication & Culture
> Herman B Wells Library, E044
> Indiana University
> Bloomington, IN 47405
> T: (812) 855-1650