Re: [Videolib] Source for The Golden Age of Rock'n'Roll?

Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:05:23 -0800

--=====================_600786640==.ALT

Are you sure your requestor isn't thinking about either

The history of rock 'n' roll. [videorecording] / Andrew Solt Productions ;=
=20
Quincy Jones/David Salzman Entertainment in association with Telepictures=20
Productions ; Time Life Video & Television ; series producer, Jeffrey=20
Peisch ; written, produced and directed by Marc J. Sachnoff, Bill Richmond=
=20
... [et al.].
Place/Publisher [United States] : Warner Home Video,
Date 2004.
http://www.amazon.com/History-Rock-Roll-Gary-Busey/dp/B0002234XQ/sr=3D1-1/qi=
d=3D1171393283/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1/102-7361229-7676947?ie=3DUTF8&s=3Ddvd

or

Rock & roll. [videorecording] / co-production of WGBH, Boston and the BBC.
Place/Publisher South Burlington, VT : WGBH Educational Foundation,
Date 1995.
No longer in distribution

At 10:32 AM 2/13/2007, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I've had a request to purchase The Golden Age of Rock'n'Roll, a 10=20
>videocassette set, possibly also released as a 5 dvd set. Here's the only=
=20
>bib record I could find:
>
>The golden age of rock 'n' roll
>Grant Johnson; Jon Bauman; John Sebastian; Smokey Robinson; Jackie=20
>Wilson; James Brown; Marvin Gaye; Aretha Franklin; Wilson=20
>Pickett; Otis Redding
>1999, =A91996
>English Visual Material : Videorecording : VHS tape 1 videocassette (49=20
>min.) : b&w with col. sequences ; 1/2 in.
>Chatsworth, CA : Image Entertainment [distributor,
>OCLC: 49243596
>
>Facets lists it as no longer available. It isn't on Image Entertainment's=
=20
>web site; I've emailed them anyway. I can't find it on Amazon, Barnes &=20
>Noble, Movies Unlimited, Tower, or eBay.
>
> Any suggestions? And does anyone know if it ever was released on=20
> dvd? That belief is based on this web page image:=20
> http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/videography/golden_age.html
>
>Thanks!
>
>Margery
>

>Margery L. May
>Acquisitions Administrator
>Wesleyan University Library
>Acquisitions Department
>Olin Memorial Library
>252 Church Street
>Middletown, CT 06459
>860-685-3834
>mmay@wesleyan.edu
>

>VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of=20
>issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic=20
>control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in=20
>libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve=20
>as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of=
=20
>communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video=20
>producers and distributors.

UC Berkeley

"In societies where modern conditions of production prevail, all of life=20

--Guy Debord

--=====================_600786640==.ALT

Are you sure your requestor isn't thinking about either

The history of rock 'n' roll. [videorecording] / Andrew Solt Productions ; Quincy Jones/David Salzman Entertainment in association with Telepictures Productions ; Time Life Video & Television ; series producer, Jeffrey Peisch ; written, produced and directed by Marc J. Sachnoff, Bill Richmond ... [et al.].
Place/Publisher
[United States] : Warner Home Video,
Date
2004.
http://www.amazon.com/History-Rock-Roll-Gary-Busey/dp/B0002234XQ/sr=3D1-1/qi= d=3D1171393283/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1/102-7361229-7676947?ie=3DUTF8&s=3Ddvd

or

Rock & roll. [videorecording] / co-production of WGBH, Boston and the BBC.
Place/Publisher
South Burlington, VT : WGBH Educational Foundation,
Date
1995.
No longer in distribution