[Videolib] RE: videolib Digest V1 #188

Krafty, John (John.Krafty@bowker.com)
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 17:16:40 -0500

Can you please delete my email from this list?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib Digest [mailto:owner-videolib-digest@lists.berkeley.edu]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 4:59 PM
To: videolib-digest@listtest.berkeley.edu
Subject: videolib Digest V1 #188

videolib Digest Friday, February 9 2007 Volume 01 : Number 188

RE: [Videolib] Any Experience with Stakker Units for DVDs?
[Videolib] Media booking systems - recommendations?
Re: [Videolib] Media booking systems - recommendations?
Re: [Videolib] Media booking systems - recommendations?
Re: [Videolib] Media booking systems - recommendations?
[Videolib] Video search
Re: [Videolib] Video search
Re: [Videolib] Media booking systems - recommendations?
Re: [Videolib] Video search
Re: [Videolib] Video search
[Videolib] PC-only DVDs

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 18:18:31 -0600
From: "Grete Pasch" <gpasch@ufm.edu.gt>
Subject: RE: [Videolib] Any Experience with Stakker Units for DVDs?

Renee,

> Do you have one computer dedicated to these machines or can
> you use the computer for other functions?

The machines are attached to a circ station that controls it. This
particular station has no restrictions on what it can run, anything you
allow to be used on it can be used on it.

>How are they tied
> into your circulation system?

Via a local application that queries the library catalog and ties the
accession number to the correct disk number in the unit/s.

>Do they spit out the disc as
> it is checked out?

Yes! It's actually quite cool to watch :-)

>What is your circulation system?

It's GlifosLibrary, www.glifos.com, an ILS used in Central America and
Mexico.

>Thanks
> for helping me understand how they work.

You're welcome, let me know if you have any other questions!
- -G


> Renee
>
> Renee Zurn
> Manager, Adult Services
> Duluth Public Library
> 520 W. Superior St.
> Duluth, MN 55802
> 218/730-4240
>
>
> >>> "Grete Pasch" <gpasch@ufm.edu.gt> 2/8/2007 1:58 pm >>>
> Yes, we have three similar units (150 disks each)
> manufactured by Dacal or Ziotek (they come under various
> brand names). The units are tied into our circulation
> system. DVD cases, for example, are barcoded with the DVD
> accession number. When the circ staff scans the box's
> barcode, the unit spits out the correct DVD - reverse process
> happens when the disk is returned.
>
> Very convenient, and no need to put security strips or
> circles on the disks.
>
>
> -G
>
> --
> Grete Pasch - Directora, Recursos de Información Académica
> www.biblioteca.ufm.edu - www.newmedia.ufm.edu Universidad
> Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala
>
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
> > [mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Renee Zurn
> > Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 11:50 AM
> > To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
> > Subject: Re: [Videolib] Any Experience with Stakker Units for DVDs?
> >
> > Jared,
> >
> > This looks like an interesting solution for DVD storage. I hope
> > someone has used it and will respond to your email. I am wondering
> > how it would work at a public library.
> >
> > Renee
> >
> > Renee Zurn
> > Manager, Adult Services
> > Duluth Public Library
> > 520 W. Superior St.
> > Duluth, MN 55802
> > 218/730-4240
> >
> >
> > >>> "Seay, Jared Alexander" <SeayJ@cofc.edu> 2/7/2007 3:13 pm >>>
> >
> >
> > Does anyone out there have any experience with the Disc Stakka? I
> > get
> > the details at
> > www.imation.com/products/disc_stakka/index.html. But, basically a
> > Disc Stakka is a device analogous to the old slide
> projector carrousel
> > that stores, protects and retrieves optical data discs
> (DVD, CD etc.).
> > One can connect a Stakker unit to a computer, install the database
> > software, put up to 100 DVD/CD discs into, and then retrieve any
> > specific title by calling it up from the database. The
> requested DVD
> > is then ejected for use. Stakka units can be stacked up to
> five units
> > high in a tower, thus the name. Up to 100 towers can be
> controlled by
> > one computer.
> >
> >
> >
> > We are having trouble lately with having some of our DVD's
> > stolen out of the case. The case is left on the shelf, but
> > the disc or discs are missing. This was a small problem
> > initially, but seems to be growing.
> > We do not let our titles circulate, and students must view
> > them in the Media Room. But, titles are still disappearing.
> > We do not strip our discs or cases (though apparently the
> > thieves believe the cases are so tagged).
> >
> >
> >
> > I know there are other security solutions out there, but I
> > came across this Disc Stakka device, and it looks like it
> > could go a long way toward solving our problem. Its
> > basically the "Blockbuster solution" whereby the actual media
> > is "behind the counter" and only the empty case is displayed.
> > The Disc Stakka would seem to allow a minimum amount of
> > space to be used for storing the discs and allow rapid
> > retrieval and re-stocking (plus give a database of titles).
> > I only know about it from the Disc Stakka site itself, and it
> > sure sounds great. But, I wonder if
> > anyone else has had any experience with it. What say yea?
> >
> >
> >
> > The site again is:
> > http://www.imation.com/products/disc_stakka/index.html
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Jared A. Seay
> >
> > Reference Librarian
> >
> > Head, Media Collections
> >
> > Addlestone Library
> > College of Charleston
> >
> > Charleston, SC 29424
> >
> >
> >
> > 843-953-1428
> > seayj@cofc.edu
> >
> > www.cofc.edu/~seay
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively
> > discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation,
> > acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of
> > current and evolving video formats in libraries and related
> > institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an
> > effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a
> > channel of communication between libraries,educational
> > institutions, and video producers and distributors.
> >
>
>
>
> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively
> discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation,
> acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of
> current and evolving video formats in libraries and related
> institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an
> effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a
> channel of communication between libraries,educational
> institutions, and video producers and distributors.
>
> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively
> discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation,
> acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of
> current and evolving video formats in libraries and related
> institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an
> effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a
> channel of communication between libraries,educational
> institutions, and video producers and distributors.
>

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 16:40:34 -0800
From: jmccon@eciad.ca
Subject: [Videolib] Media booking systems - recommendations?

Good afternoon VideoLib,

We are looking into automating our library's media (video/dvd/film) booking
system. We are interested in knowing what systems/software other libraries are
using for their media bookings. We do bookings for in-house and ILL. Our A/V
dept uses WebCheckout http://www.onshored.com/booking.htm for equipment
bookings but the software seems less than ideal for media bookings. We'd be
grateful for any comments, recommendations, or advice we receive.

Thank-you in advance,

Janette McConville
Library
Emily Carr Institute. Art + Design + Media
1399 Johnston Street
Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6H 3R9
tel: 604.844.3077
fax: 604.630.4531
https://www.eciad.ca
jmccon@eciad.ca

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 08:19:26 -0500
From: d.mandel@neu.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Media booking systems - recommendations?

Hi,

We use the III Millennium Media Booking system, part of our Libraries' ILS.
It works very well, though it's not super slick.

Debra

Debra H. Mandel,
Head, Media Center
Northeastern University Libraries
360 Huntington Ave.
200 SL
Boston, MA 02115
d.mandel@neu.edu
617-373-4902; 617-373-8955-FAX


jmccon@eciad.ca
Sent by:
owner-videolib@li To
sts.berkeley.edu videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
cc

02/08/2007 07:40 Subject
PM [Videolib] Media booking systems -
recommendations?

Please respond to
videolib@lists.be
rkeley.edu


Good afternoon VideoLib,

We are looking into automating our library's media (video/dvd/film) booking
system. We are interested in knowing what systems/software other libraries
are
using for their media bookings. We do bookings for in-house and ILL. Our
A/V
dept uses WebCheckout http://www.onshored.com/booking.htm for equipment
bookings but the software seems less than ideal for media bookings. We'd be
grateful for any comments, recommendations, or advice we receive.

Thank-you in advance,

Janette McConville
Library
Emily Carr Institute. Art + Design + Media
1399 Johnston Street
Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6H 3R9
tel: 604.844.3077
fax: 604.630.4531
https://www.eciad.ca
jmccon@eciad.ca

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues
relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control,
preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries
and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an
effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video
producers and distributors.

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 09:38:33 -0500
From: Patti McVay Gorrell <pmcvay@wooster.edu>
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Media booking systems - recommendations?

Good morning,

We also use III Millennium Media Booking for media, rooms, keys, and
equipment, if anyone has questions, please ask, we'd be lost without it.

Take care, Patti

ThaAt 08:19 AM 2/9/2007, d.mandel@neu.edu wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We use the III Millennium Media Booking system, part of our Libraries' ILS.
>It works very well, though it's not super slick.
>
>Debra
>
>Debra H. Mandel,
>Head, Media Center
>Northeastern University Libraries
>360 Huntington Ave.
>200 SL
>Boston, MA 02115
>d.mandel@neu.edu
>617-373-4902; 617-373-8955-FAX
>
>
>
> jmccon@eciad.ca
> Sent by:
> owner-videolib@li To
> sts.berkeley.edu videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
> cc
>
> 02/08/2007 07:40 Subject
> PM [Videolib] Media booking systems -
> recommendations?
>
> Please respond to
> videolib@lists.be
> rkeley.edu
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Good afternoon VideoLib,
>
>We are looking into automating our library's media (video/dvd/film) booking
>system. We are interested in knowing what systems/software other libraries
>are
>using for their media bookings. We do bookings for in-house and ILL. Our
>A/V
>dept uses WebCheckout http://www.onshored.com/booking.htm for equipment
>bookings but the software seems less than ideal for media bookings. We'd be
>grateful for any comments, recommendations, or advice we receive.
>
>Thank-you in advance,
>
>Janette McConville
>Library
>Emily Carr Institute. Art + Design + Media
>1399 Johnston Street
>Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6H 3R9
>tel: 604.844.3077
>fax: 604.630.4531
>https://www.eciad.ca
>jmccon@eciad.ca
>
>VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues
>relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control,
>preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries
>and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an
>effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
>communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video
>producers and distributors.
>
>
>VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of
>issues relating to the selection, evaluation,
>acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current
>and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It
>is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for
>video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between
>libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 07:40:02 -0800
From: "Adrienne Howard" <ahoward@pps.k12.or.us>
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Media booking systems - recommendations?

I would highly recommend Medianet - http://www.dymaxion.ca/medianet/

The software system is awesome; very progressive and always evolving.
They do at least one major release each year and it just gets more
flexible and easier to use. They have also developed a web office to
create and update title records, clients, etc. Their web catalog and
booking system works great out of the box, but you can also design and
customize your web site around that central core - so you can still
retain a unique look and feel (branding, etc.) You can also stream
podcasts and webcasts, offer teacher's guides, photos, and other
digitized items right from a media title's online record.

And the people there are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I know they
have university and school district customers all over the world.

Once you check out Medianet's link above, try the link to my library
and you will see that there is a lot of room for the customization of
surrounding code for the web catalog and booking system.

Adrienne Howard
Portland Public Schools
Multimedia Library - BESC/L2-30
503.916.3228
http://www-av.pps.k12.or.us
VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 13:20:43 -0500
From: Patti Berky <paf3@psulias.psu.edu>
Subject: [Videolib] Video search

Hello,

We are looking for a copy of the Nazi propaganda
film "Jud Süss" (Jew Suess) from 1940 with
Ferdinand Marian, directed by Veit Harlan. We've
found a German-language version with English
subtitles, but one of our librarians wants us to
find a version that's been dubbed in English.

Thanks for any help,

Patti Berky
Audiovisual Acquisitions
The Pennsylvania State University
126 Paterno Library
University Park, PA 16802
<paf3@psulias.psu.edu>
Tel: 814-867-0894
Fax: 814-863-7293

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 13:52:31 -0500
From: Jessica Rosner <jrosner@kino.com>
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Video search

I find it hard to believe there ever was such a version and why the heck
would one want it dubbed?

On 2/9/07 1:20 PM, "Patti Berky" <paf3@psulias.psu.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are looking for a copy of the Nazi propaganda
> film "Jud Süss" (Jew Suess) from 1940 with
> Ferdinand Marian, directed by Veit Harlan. We've
> found a German-language version with English
> subtitles, but one of our librarians wants us to
> find a version that's been dubbed in English.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Patti Berky
> Audiovisual Acquisitions
> The Pennsylvania State University
> 126 Paterno Library
> University Park, PA 16802
> <paf3@psulias.psu.edu>
> Tel: 814-867-0894
> Fax: 814-863-7293
>
>
> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues
> relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control,
> preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and
> related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective
> working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication
> between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and
> distributors.

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 14:09:44 -0500
From: Christopher Lewis <clewis@american.edu>
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Media booking systems - recommendations?

- --0__=0ABBF8EEDFF468A38f9e8a93df938690918c0ABBF8EEDFF468A3
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
Boundary="1__=0ABBF8EEDFF468A38f9e8a93df938690918c0ABBF8EEDFF468A3"

- --1__=0ABBF8EEDFF468A38f9e8a93df938690918c0ABBF8EEDFF468A3
Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

We looked into software booking systems for years. The primary problem =
with
all systems reviewed/tested was their inability to integrate with our
circulation system. We use Endeavor's Voyager and even their booking sy=
stem
wouldn't work with their circulation module. Since we had to run a
secondary system anyway we took the simplest route imaginable. We start=
ed
using an Excel Spreadsheet with macros for sorting by title, date, facu=
lty
name, and call number. t We use it for approx. 4000 reservations per ye=
ar.
No bells and whistles but it only takes seconds to check for reservatio=
ns
on a given title or call number. We've been doing it this way for at le=
ast
five years.

Chris Lewis
Media Librarian/Acting Assistant University Librarian for Information
Services
American University Library
202.885.3257

"Never write when you can talk. Never talk when you can nod. And never =
put
anything in an e-mail." - Eliot Spitzer on Secrets of Success

=

jmccon@eciad.ca =

Sent by: =

owner-videolib@li =
To
sts.berkeley.edu videolib@lists.berkeley.edu =

=
cc
=

02/08/2007 07:40 Subj=
ect
PM [Videolib] Media booking systems=
-
recommendations? =

=

Please respond to =

videolib@lists.be =

rkeley.edu =

=

=

Good afternoon VideoLib,

We are looking into automating our library's media (video/dvd/film) boo=
king
system. We are interested in knowing what systems/software other librar=
ies
are
using for their media bookings. We do bookings for in-house and ILL. Ou=
r
A/V
dept uses WebCheckout http://www.onshored.com/booking.htm for equipment=

bookings but the software seems less than ideal for media bookings. We'=
d be
grateful for any comments, recommendations, or advice we receive.

Thank-you in advance,

Janette McConville
Library
Emily Carr Institute. Art + Design + Media
1399 Johnston Street
Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6H 3R9
tel: 604.844.3077
fax: 604.630.4531
https://www.eciad.ca
jmccon@eciad.ca

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of is=
sues
relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic contro=
l,
preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in librarie=
s
and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an
effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video
producers and distributors.
=

- --1__=0ABBF8EEDFF468A38f9e8a93df938690918c0ABBF8EEDFF468A3
Content-type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

We looked into software booking systems for years. The primary probl= em with all systems reviewed/tested was their inability to integrate wi= th our circulation system. We use Endeavor's Voyager and even their boo= king system wouldn't work with their circulation module. Since we had t= o run a secondary system anyway we took the simplest route imaginable. = We started using an Excel Spreadsheet with macros for sorting by title,= date, faculty name, and call number. t We use it for approx. 4000 rese= rvations per year. No bells and whistles but it only takes seconds to c= heck for reservations on a given title or call number. We've been doing= it this way for at least five years.

Chris Lewis
Media Librarian/Acting Assistant University Librarian for Information S= ervices
American University Library
202.885.3257

"Never write when you can talk. Never talk when you can nod. And n= ever put anything in an e-mail." - Eliot Spitzer on Secrets of S= uccess
3D"Inactivejm= ccon@eciad.ca


=
          jmccon@eciad.ca
          Sent by: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu

          02/08/2007 07:40 PM
          Please respond to
          videolib@lists.berkeley.edu

=

To
3D""
videolib@lists.berkeley.edu

cc
3D""

Subject
3D""
[Videolib] Media booking systems - recommendations?
=3D""3D""<= /td>

Good afternoon VideoLib,

We are looking into automating our library's media (video/dvd/film) boo= king
system. We are interested in knowing what systems/software other librar= ies are
using for their media bookings. We do bookings for in-house and ILL. Ou= r A/V
dept uses WebCheckout
http://www.onshored.com/booking.htm for equip= ment
bookings but the software seems less than ideal for media bookings. We'= d be
grateful for any comments, recommendations, or advice we receive.

Thank-you in advance,

Janette McConville
Library
Emily Carr Institute. Art + Design + Media
1399 Johnston Street
Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6H 3R9
tel: 604.844.3077
fax: 604.630.4531
https://www.eciad.ca=
jmccon@eciad.ca

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of is= sues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic c= ontrol, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in = libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serv= e as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a chann= el of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and vid= eo producers and distributors.

= - --1__=0ABBF8EEDFF468A38f9e8a93df938690918c0ABBF8EEDFF468A3-- - --0__=0ABBF8EEDFF468A38f9e8a93df938690918c0ABBF8EEDFF468A3 Content-type: image/gif; name="graycol.gif" Content-Disposition: inline; filename="graycol.gif" Content-ID: <10__=0ABBF8EEDFF468A38f9e8a93df9@american.edu> Content-transfer-encoding: base64 R0lGODlhEAAQAKECAMzMzAAAAP///wAAACH5BAEAAAIALAAAAAAQABAAAAIXlI+py+0PopwxUbpu ZRfKZ2zgSJbmSRYAIf4fT3B0aW1pemVkIGJ5IFVsZWFkIFNtYXJ0U2F2ZXIhAAA7 - --0__=0ABBF8EEDFF468A38f9e8a93df938690918c0ABBF8EEDFF468A3 Content-type: image/gif; name="pic22022.gif" Content-Disposition: inline; filename="pic22022.gif" Content-ID: <20__=0ABBF8EEDFF468A38f9e8a93df9@american.edu> Content-transfer-encoding: base64 R0lGODlhWABDALP/AAAAAK04Qf79/o+Gm7WuwlNObwoJFCsoSMDAwGFsmIuezf///wAAAAAAAAAA AAAAACH5BAEAAAgALAAAAABYAEMAQAT/EMlJq704682770RiFMRinqggEUNSHIchG0BCfHhOjAuh EDeUqTASLCbBhQrhG7xis2j0lssNDopE4jfIJhDaggI8YB1sZeZgLVA9YVCpnGagVjV171aRVrYR RghXcAGFhoUETwYxcXNyADJ3GlcSKGAwLwllVC1vjIUHBWsFilKQdI8GA5IcpApeJQt8L09lmgkH LZikoU5wjqcyAMMFrJIDPAKvCFletKSev1HBw8KrxtjZ2tvc3d5VyKtCKW3jfz4uMKmq3xu4N0nK BVoJQmx2LGVOmrqNjjJf2hHAQo/eDwJGTKhQMcgQEEAnEjFS98+RnW3smGkZU6ncCWav/4wYOnAI TihRL/4FEwbp28BXMMcoscQCVxlepL4IGDSCyJyVQOu0o7CjmLN50OZlqWmyFy5/6yBBuji0AxFR M00oQAqNIstqI6qKHUsWRAEAvagsmfUEAImyxgbmUpJk3IklNUtJOUAVLoUr1+wqDGTE4zk+T6FG uQb3SizBCwatiiUgCBN8vrz+zFjVyQ8FWkOlg4NQiZMB5QS8QO3mpOaKnL0Z2EKvNMSILEThKhCg zMKPVxYJh23qm9KNW7pArPynMqZDiErsTMqI+LRi3QAgkFUbXpuFKhSYZALd0O5RKa2z9EYKBbpb qxIKsjUPRgD7I2XYV6wyrOw92ykExP8NW4URhknC5dKGE4v4NENQj2jXjmfNgOZDaXb5glRmXQ33 YEWQYNcZFnrYcIQLNzyTFDQNkXIff0ExVlY4srziQk43inZgL4rwxxINMvpFFAz1KOODHiu+4aEw NEjFl5B3JIKWKF3k6I9bfUGp5ZZcdunll5IA4cuHvQQJ5gcsoCWOOUwgltIwAKRxJgbIkJAQZEq0 2YliZnpZZ4BH3CnYOXldOUOfQoYDqF1LFHbXCrO8xmRsfoXDXJ6ChjCAH3QlhJcT6VWE6FCkfCco CgrMFsROrIEX3o2whVjWDjoJccN3LdggSGXLCdLEgHr1lyU3O3QxhgohNKXJCWv8JQr/PDdaqd6w 2rj1inLiGeiCJoDspAoQlYE6QWLSECehcWIYxIQES6zhbn1iImTHEQyqJ4eIxJJoUBc+3CbBuwZE V5cJPPkIjFDdeEabQbd6WgICTxiiz0f5dBKquXF6k4senwEhYGnKEFJeGrxUZy8dB8gmAXI/sPvH ESfCwVt5hTgYiqQqtdRNHQIU1PJ33ZqmzgE90OwLaoJcnMop1WiMmgkPHQRIrwgFuNV90A3doNKT mrKIN07AnGcI9BQjhCBN4RfA1qIZnMqorJCogKfGQnxSCDilTVIA0yl5ciTovgLuBDKFUDE9aQcw 9SA+rjSNf9/M1gxrj6VwDTS0IUSElMzBfsj0NFXR2kwsV1A5IF1grLgLL/r1R40BZEnuBWgmQEyb jqRwSAt6bqMCOFkvKFN2GPPkUzIm/SCF8z8pVzpbjVnMsy0vOr1hw3SaSRUhpY09v0z0J1FnwzPl fmh+xl4WtR0zGu24I4KbMQm3lnVu2oNWxI9W/lcyzA+mCKF4DBikxb/+UWtOGRiFP8qEwAayIgIA Ow== - --0__=0ABBF8EEDFF468A38f9e8a93df938690918c0ABBF8EEDFF468A3 Content-type: image/gif; name="ecblank.gif" Content-Disposition: inline; filename="ecblank.gif" Content-ID: <30__=0ABBF8EEDFF468A38f9e8a93df9@american.edu> Content-transfer-encoding: base64 R0lGODlhEAABAIAAAAAAAP///yH5BAEAAAEALAAAAAAQAAEAAAIEjI8ZBQA7 - --0__=0ABBF8EEDFF468A38f9e8a93df938690918c0ABBF8EEDFF468A3-- VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 14:42:37 -0500 From: Patti Berky Subject: Re: [Videolib] Video search There's a copy listed on OCLC. The librarian sent an order request. Other than that... Patti At 01:52 PM 2/9/2007, you wrote: >I find it hard to believe there ever was such a version and why the heck >would one want it dubbed? > > >On 2/9/07 1:20 PM, "Patti Berky" wrote: > > > Hello, > > > > We are looking for a copy of the Nazi propaganda > > film "Jud Süss" (Jew Suess) from 1940 with > > Ferdinand Marian, directed by Veit Harlan. We've > > found a German-language version with English > > subtitles, but one of our librarians wants us to > > find a version that's been dubbed in English. > > > > Thanks for any help, > > > > Patti Berky > > Audiovisual Acquisitions > > The Pennsylvania State University > > 126 Paterno Library > > University Park, PA 16802 > > > > Tel: 814-867-0894 > > Fax: 814-863-7293 > > > > > > VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues > > relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, > > preservation, and use of current and evolving > video formats in libraries and > > related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective > > working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication > > between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and > > distributors. > > > >Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE > >Jessica Rosner >Kino International >333 W 39th St. 503 >NY NY 10018 >jrosner@kino.com >212-629-6880 > > > >VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and >lively discussion of issues relating to the >selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic >control, preservation, and use of current and >evolving video formats in libraries and related >institutions. It is hoped that the list will >serve as an effective working tool for video >librarians, as well as a channel of >communication between libraries,educational >institutions, and video producers and distributors. VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:01:09 -0500 From: Jessica Rosner Subject: Re: [Videolib] Video search Well you never know. I think the only guys who carry this in the states is International Historic Films and they would not have a dubbed copy On 2/9/07 2:42 PM, "Patti Berky" wrote: > There's a copy listed on OCLC. The librarian > sent an order request. Other than that... > > Patti > > At 01:52 PM 2/9/2007, you wrote: >> I find it hard to believe there ever was such a version and why the heck >> would one want it dubbed? >> >> >> On 2/9/07 1:20 PM, "Patti Berky" wrote: >> >>> Hello, >>> >>> We are looking for a copy of the Nazi propaganda >>> film "Jud Süss" (Jew Suess) from 1940 with >>> Ferdinand Marian, directed by Veit Harlan. We've >>> found a German-language version with English >>> subtitles, but one of our librarians wants us to >>> find a version that's been dubbed in English. >>> >>> Thanks for any help, >>> >>> Patti Berky >>> Audiovisual Acquisitions >>> The Pennsylvania State University >>> 126 Paterno Library >>> University Park, PA 16802 >>> >>> Tel: 814-867-0894 >>> Fax: 814-863-7293 >>> >>> >>> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues >>> relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, >>> preservation, and use of current and evolving >> video formats in libraries and >>> related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective >>> working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication >>> between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and >>> distributors. >> >> >> >> Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE >> >> Jessica Rosner >> Kino International >> 333 W 39th St. 503 >> NY NY 10018 >> jrosner@kino.com >> 212-629-6880 >> >> >> >> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and >> lively discussion of issues relating to the >> selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic >> control, preservation, and use of current and >> evolving video formats in libraries and related >> institutions. It is hoped that the list will >> serve as an effective working tool for video >> librarians, as well as a channel of >> communication between libraries,educational >> institutions, and video producers and distributors. > > > > VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues > relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, > preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and > related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective > working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication > between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and > distributors. Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE Jessica Rosner Kino International 333 W 39th St. 503 NY NY 10018 jrosner@kino.com 212-629-6880 VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 14:57:32 -0700 From: "Stephen Davies" Subject: [Videolib] PC-only DVDs - --=_alternative 00789A1A8725727D_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We were looking to replace our VHS copies of the Mosby Nursing=20 Skills series, from Elsevier, but the 24 titles are now only available on=20 3 DVDs, and the DVDs will only operate on a PC. On the one hand, this arrangement limits how many patrons can=20 acess any episode at one time, and on the other hand, it restricts our=20 playback options in the classroom. Does anyone know the reasoning behind this? We've phoned Elsevier = and been told there aren't other options. Stephen Davies Mount Royal College, Calgary - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= - ---------------------------------------------=20 This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is = addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please conta= ct the sender immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, an= d do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in err= or, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed. - --=_alternative 00789A1A8725727D_= Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
        We were looking to replace our VHS copies of the Mosby Nursing Skills series, from Elsevier, but the 24 titles are now only available on 3 DVDs, and the DVDs will only operate on a PC.
        On the one hand, this arrangement limits how many patrons can acess any episode at one time, and on the other hand, it restricts our playback options in the classroom.
    &= nbsp;   Does anyone know the reasoning behind this?  We've phoned Elsevier and been told there aren't other options.


Stephen Davies
Mount Royal College, Calgary
-----------------= - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= - ----------------------------
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is = addressed, and may
contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please conta= ct the sender
immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, an= d do not copy,
distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in err= or, or subsequent
reply, should be deleted or destroyed.
- --=_alternative 00789A1A8725727D_=-- VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors. ------------------------------ End of videolib Digest V1 #188 ****************************** VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.