RE: [Videolib] Any Experience with Stakker Units for DVDs?

Grete Pasch (gpasch@ufm.edu.gt)
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 18:18:31 -0600

Renee,

> Do you have one computer dedicated to these machines or can
> you use the computer for other functions?

The machines are attached to a circ station that controls it. This
particular station has no restrictions on what it can run, anything you
allow to be used on it can be used on it.

>How are they tied
> into your circulation system?

Via a local application that queries the library catalog and ties the
accession number to the correct disk number in the unit/s.

>Do they spit out the disc as
> it is checked out?

Yes! It's actually quite cool to watch :-)

>What is your circulation system?

It's GlifosLibrary, www.glifos.com, an ILS used in Central America and
Mexico.

>Thanks
> for helping me understand how they work.

You're welcome, let me know if you have any other questions!
-G