RE: [Videolib] 3M Red Tag system?

Beasley, Sarah (beasleys@carnegielibrary.org)
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 16:07:32 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C74A32.D143A8B3

Actually, I would be interested in any responses to this, so if people
would either reply to the list of include me on their responses that
would be great.
=20
Thanks!
Sarah
=20
Sarah Beasley=20
Manager, Film and Audio Department=20
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh=20
4400 Forbes Avenue=20
Pittsburgh, PA 15213=20
v. 412.622.1918=20
f. 412.688.8677=20
beasleys@carnegielibrary.org=20

=20

________________________________

From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Tiar, Marc
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 3:57 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] 3M Red Tag system?

I tried to search the archives but came up empty handed on this one...
=20
Is anyone using the disc (CD and/or DVD) security system from 3M, "Red
Tag Disc Protection System"? We're looking at it, trying to decide if
we want it to replace our "discs in envelopes behind the circ desk"
system. I think it's a relatively new product, but not sure. Would
love to hear from any libraries currently using it. Feel free to reply
privately or to the list. If you're curious about it,
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/library/home/news/articles/a
rticle_Expanding_CDDVD and click on the appropriate "product
information" link.
=20
How long have you been using it?
Pros? Ease of use?
Cons? =20
Losses? Defeatable?
Cost effective vs. whatever you were using before (staff time in our
case)?
=20
Any other data, anecdotes, or insight is appreciated. Thanks!
=20

Marc Tiar=20
Downtown Reno Branch, Washoe County Library=20
301 S. Center St.=20
Reno, NV 89501=20

phone 775-327-8317=20
fax 775-327-8390=20

mtiar@washoecounty.us=20
www.washoe.lib.nv.us=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C74A32.D143A8B3

Actually, I would be interested in any = responses to this,=20 so if people would either reply to the list of include me on their = responses=20 that would be great.

Thanks!
Sarah

Sarah = Beasley=20
Manager, Film and = Audio=20 Department