RE: [Videolib] Size of screen[Scanned]

Mark Kopp (mkopp@iu08.org)
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 14:54:23 -0500

I agree...what law? I don't recall a mention of ANY size, in the
Copyright Law...large OR small screen. The NFL can claim to cite
whatever they want, but it's NOT a LAW. Heaven help us, if the NFL
becomes the interpreter of Copyright!

Mark

Mark W. Kopp
Technology Assistant
IT Department
Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8
4500 6th Avenue
Altoona, PA 16602
P: 814-940-0223
F: 814-949-0984
C: 814-937-2802
What law?

Gary

At 09:21 AM 2/6/2007, you wrote:
>There was a recent incident related to television and the superbowl:
>http://news.yahoo.com/s/wrtv/20070203/lo_wrtv/10916537
>"The NFL said the law generally limits Super Bowl showings to one TV no

>bigger than 55 inches."
>
>Perhaps the patron was considering this scenario?
>
>Cheers,
>Cathy
>

>Catherine Michael
>Communications Librarian
>Ithaca College Library
>1201 Gannett Center
>Ithaca, NY 14850
>
>(607)274-1293
>

> > And if you show it on an ipod, the studios pay YOU to publicly
perform it.

> > A really wonderfully nutty notion, but totally false, Eileen.
> >
> > Gary Handman
> >

> > At 01:50 PM 2/5/2007, you wrote:
> >
> >>I had a patron tell me today that she had heard that if you showed a

> >>movie on a small screen (under maybe 24") you didn't have to worry
> >>about PPR.
> >>She wants to show an unspecified movie at the local senior center. I

> >>told her this was news to me, but I would ask the experts.
> >>
> >>So I'm asking you all.
> >>
> >>Eileen Simmons
> >>Assistant Director/Head of Reference Everett Public Library
> >>2702 Hoyt Ave.
> >>Everett, WA 98201
> >>425-257-8022
> >>425-257-8017 fax
> >
> > Gary Handman
> > Director
> > Media Resources Center
> > Moffitt Library
> > UC Berkeley
> > ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
> > http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC
> >
> > "In societies where modern conditions of production prevail, all of
> > life presents itself as an immense accumulation of spectacles."
> >
> > --Guy Debord

>libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will
>serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a
>channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions,
>and video producers and distributors.

UC Berkeley

--Guy Debord

producers and distributors.