Re: [Videolib] Size of screen

Tue, 06 Feb 2007 08:03:31 -0800

--=====================_692356437==.ALT

And if you show it on an ipod, the studios pay YOU to publicly perform it.

A really wonderfully nutty notion, but totally false, Eileen.

Gary Handman

At 01:50 PM 2/5/2007, you wrote:

>I had a patron tell me today that she had heard that if you showed a movie
>on a small screen (under maybe 24") you didn't have to worry about PPR.
>She wants to show an unspecified movie at the local senior center. I told
>her this was news to me, but I would ask the experts.
>
>So I'm asking you all.
>
>Eileen Simmons
>Assistant Director/Head of Reference
>Everett Public Library
>2702 Hoyt Ave.
>Everett, WA 98201
>425-257-8022
>425-257-8017 fax

UC Berkeley

--Guy Debord

--=====================_692356437==.ALT

And if you show it on an ipod, the studios pay YOU to publicly perform it.

A really wonderfully nutty notion, but totally false, Eileen.

Gary Handman

I had a patron tell me today that she had heard that if you showed a movie on a small screen (under maybe 24") you didn't have to worry about PPR. She wants to show an unspecified movie at the local senior center. I told her this was news to me, but I would ask the experts.

So I'm asking you all.

Eileen Simmons
Assistant Director/Head of Reference
Everett Public Library
2702 Hoyt Ave.
Everett, WA 98201
425-257-8022
425-257-8017 fax

UC Berkeley

"In societies where modern conditions of production prevail, all of life presents itself as an immense accumulation of spectacles."

--Guy Debord