RE: [Videolib] Replacement Fees in Academic Libraries?

Andrea Slonosky (Andrea.Slonosky@liu.edu)
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:48:12 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C7454F.3717813C

We charge them the replacement cost of the film, but cap it at 60.00.
Most people, even students can cover the 10-30 dollars for the average
lost videos. However, most people, including faculty will not get around
to paying over 200.00 for the fancy stuff. We do our best to make sure
that students are not prevented from graduating due to crushing library
fines - at least not from crushing media fines!=20

=20

However, our collection also has a circulating and non-circulating
division. Generally speaking, everything can circulate unless:=20

1. it cost more than 100.00
2. it has been lost before and this is the 3rd, 4th time we've
replaced it ( Do the Right Thing and The Wizard of Oz are two that seem
to wander regularly)
3. certain subject areas are automatically non-circ : nursing,
dance=20
4. the professor who requested it explicitly wanted it to stay put
and will be using it every semester
5. It's out of print (unfortunately, we don't usually know what's
out of print until it need to be replaced)

=20

Hope this helps,

Andrea=20

=20