Re: [Videolib] videography of dramatic performances

Tobin Nellhaus (tobin.nellhaus@yale.edu)
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:52:46 -0500

At 12:16 PM 1/29/2007, you wrote:
>Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:16:53 -0600
>From: Amy Stewart-Mailhiot <amy.stewart-mailhiot@vanderbilt.edu>
>Subject: [Videolib] videography of dramatic performances
>
>Good morning. I'm not even completely certain that I know what I'm
>asking for here, so please forgive me if I've muddled my
>terminology. What I do know, is that I have a faculty patron who
>is asking for a 'comprehensive list of plays - dramatic
>performances on video'.
>
>I have had some success locating fairly narrow lists, for example
>Shakespeare's plays on video, but not as broad as he would like.
>Any direction for this newbie in the world of Media would be
>appreciated!
>
>Thanks,
>Amy

I'm leading a project called In Medias Res that is aiming to produce
a web-accessible database of performance videos, which we hope will
be as close to comprehensive as we can make it (at the moment we
probably have over 1000 records). It will encompass a broad variety
of performance genres. The project is much behind schedule, but
there's a glimmer of hope that we'll go live this summer. See
http://www.performancemedia.org/ for more info.

Tobin Nellhaus
Librarian for Drama, Film and Theater Studies
226 Sterling Memorial Library, Yale University
130 Wall Street, P.O. Box 208240
New Haven, CT 06520-8240
Tel: 203/432-8212 Fax: 203/432-8527
tobin.nellhaus@yale.edu