RE: [Videolib] DVD circulation policies - public libraries

Renee Zurn (rzurn@duluth.lib.mn.us)
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:56:15 -0600

Blane,

Please send me the contact information for the security cases you are
using. I am not familiar with them and would like to see what they are
like.

Thanks,
Renee

Renee Zurn
Manager, Adult Services
Duluth Public Library
520 W. Superior St.
Duluth, MN 55802
218/730-4240

>>> "Blane Halliday" <bhalliday@collier-lib.org> 1/29/2007 11:12 am

Tracy & others:

Collier County Public Library:

10 DVDs per patron.

Feature films & juvenile titles circulate for 3 days; non-fiction and
series
titles for 7 days.

Box sets of more than 2 discs are split into individual discs and
separated
in the catalog.

We are in the process of converting all of our branches to Benefit
Denial
Cases, which use the red buttons to secure the disc. These take up
much
less shelf and storage space than our old Alpha security cases. After
one
year of the Benefit Denial Cases, the branches that have converted are
very
pleased with the cleaner shelf look and increased shelving capacity.
We do
not use any electronic security system.

I hope that helps!

Blane