Re: [Videolib] videography of dramatic performances

Mon, 29 Jan 2007 07:50:51 -0800

Hi There is no comprehensive list, but Berkeley's listing is pretty damn big:

Take a look at:
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/LiteratureVid.html
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/classicaltheater.html
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/ShakespeareVid.html

If you need distributor info re any of the titles, drop me an email line.

You might also check out the bibliography of works I've put together
relating to film adaptation of literary works:
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/litbib.html

Good luck! Cheers,

Gary Handman

At 06:16 AM 1/29/2007, you wrote:
>Good morning. I'm not even completely certain that I know what I'm asking
>for here, so please forgive me if I've muddled my terminology. What I do
>know, is that I have a faculty patron who is asking for a 'comprehensive
>list of plays - dramatic performances on video'.
>
>I have had some success locating fairly narrow lists, for example
>Shakespeare's plays on video, but not as broad as he would like. Any
>direction for this newbie in the world of Media would be appreciated!
>
>Thanks,
>Amy
>
>---------------------------------------
>Amy Stewart-Mailhiot
>Head, Media Services
>Government Information Librarian
>Central Library
>Vanderbilt University
>419 21st Ave. S
>Nashville, TN 37240
>phone: (615)322-2838
>Email: amy.stewart-mailhiot@vanderbilt.edu
>as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
>producers and distributors.

UC Berkeley

--Guy Debord