RE: [Videolib] Discovery Channel store

Thelma Diercks (thelma@hawaii.edu)
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:38:36 -1000 (HST)

Doing business with Discovery Channel has become very difficult as
they require a minimum purchase of $150.00, prepayment, or credit
card purchase by phone. These requirements make purchasing a RUSH
order for a single title nearly impossible.

I quote from an undated letter received earlier this month with our
returned purchase order. See below.

Thelma Diercks, Head
Acquisitions Department
University of Hawaii at Manoa Library
2550 McCarthy Mall
Honolulu, HI 96822

phone: 808-956-2611
fax: 808-956-8596
email: thelma@hawaii.edu

==================

Dear Discovery Channel Customer.
Thank you for your interest in ordering from our online store or
catalog. We value your business, however, we are currently unable
to process purchase orders under $150.00 in merchandise total
(excluding tax and shipping).

You may submit a purchase order for over $150.00 in merchandise and
we will invoice you for the balance due. Once payment is received,
we will ship your order.

If you wish to place a credit card order under $150.00 in merchandise
(excluding tax and shipping) via phone, please call us toll free at
1-800-889-9950. We are available Monday through Friday, from 9am
to 6pm ET. You may also send a check/money order...