RE: [Videolib] Discovery Channel store

Chris McNevins (Chris.McNevins@uconn.edu)
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:55:16 -0500

I've placed orders with Discovery Channel by faxing POs on institutional
letterhead and was invoiced for the merchandise. Granted, the last
order I placed was with them was in 2004 so maybe they've changed their
policy.

Have you tried placing any orders through Discovery Education at
http://teacherstore.discovery.com? It's the same contact info as
Discovery Channel.

Chris McNevins
Non-Print Coordinator
University of Connecticut
Homer Babbidge Library
Collections Services - Acquisitions Monographs
369 Fairfield Way Unit 2005AM
Storrs, CT 06269-2005
ph: 860-486-3842
fax: 860-486-6493

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Karen Fischer
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:23 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Discovery Channel store

*This message was sent using a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) SMTP*
*This message was sent using a trial version of CommuniGate(tm) FC
Gateway*
Hi,
Has anyone had success in ordering from the online Discovery Channel
store with a library credit card?
I know they refuse purchase orders and say they don't sell to
libraries, but I was wondering if they automatically cancel orders being
shipped to a library or if a credit card order would get through.
Thanks,
Karen Fischer
AV Librarian
Mansfield/Richland County Public Library
Mansfield, OH
producers and distributors.