Re: [Videolib] Discovery Channel store

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:26:04 -0500

I am SHOCKED, SHOCKED that you people would be so devious. Just because a
company makes a title available to individuals at low price what makes you
think they should allow libraries to buy it at that price. You people have
MILLIONS to spend on these things and Discovery Channel is a struggling non
profit

FYI Susan just got back from the Cubs Convention. Amazing how easily 15,000
Of us lemmings can be appeased by Alfonso's smile and Lou's promise to bring
us winner

On 1/23/07 12:44 PM, "Susan Albrecht" <albrechs@wabash.edu> wrote:

>> Karen Fischer asked:
>> Has anyone had success in ordering from the online Discovery
>> Channel store with a library credit card?
>> I know they refuse purchase orders and say they don't sell to
>> libraries, but I was wondering if they automatically cancel orders
>> being shipped to a library or if a credit card order would get through.
>

> Karen, I have placed orders with them via credit card. It's
> *possible* that the reason I was successful in doing so is that my
> library credit card also has an individual's name on the front
> (formerly my boss's, now mine), and when asked for "name on card," I
> always supply that rather than the library name. Also, our campus is
> small enough that, for a shipping address, it's enough if I use my
> full name and street address, even leaving out the library name.
>
> Susan at Wabash
>

> Susan Albrecht
> Acquisitions Coordinator
> Wabash College Lilly Library
> Crawfordsville, IN
> x6216
> albrechs@wabash.edu

> ***
> "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."--Neil Peart
> ***

> distributors.

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner