[Videolib] Weeding

Hutchison, Jane (HutchisonJ@wpunj.edu)
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:03:18 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C73BF4.193D6269

A situation came up a number of years ago with records (LPs). The
Director of the Library wanted to throw out all the records and just
have an AC collection (this was way before CDs). Of course, not every
title or performance was available on audiocassette. What I did was
take the whole collection home. (Boy was my family pleased!) To make a
long story short, it soon became obvious to the library staff and the
faculty and students, that they were missing important works that could
not be purchased on AC. Slowly the collection came back and before
long, the whole collection re-appeared and stayed intact for quite a
number of years. To this day, I have LPs, ACs and CDs. All have a
place in our collection because the content is not duplicated, and it's
important to our academic studies.
=20
Jane B. Hutchison
Associate Director