RE: [Videolib] Black like me

Stockwell, Patricia (Patricia.Stockwell@ppcc.edu)
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:34:14 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C73B48.66842E21

I truly agree with you. This is one of the hardest things I have done
in the 22 years I have worked here. I am having such a hard time with
this. But, the Director of the Library has agreed with the other staff.
So, as they say - I do as I am told....... And I also know this is
going to come back and bite us in the .... You Know.......=20

=20

Patricia J. Stockwell

Library Technician III / College Archivist

Pikes Peak Community College

5675 S. Academy Blvd. Box 7

Colorado Springs, CO 80906

patricia.stockwell@ppcc.edu

________________________________

From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jerry Notaro
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 12:26 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Black like me

=20

No library, specially a college library, should in one sweep get rid of
an entire collection because of format. MHO.

Jerry

Does anyone know if "Black Like Me" starring James Whitmore is available
on DVD. Today I found out that the library is getting rid of all of our
VHS tapes. (Yes the whole collection.) But, they want this VHS in DVD
format and I do not think it was ever produced in DVD. Does anyone know
who might sell it? I went on Amazon and found a DVD edition for $
240.00. But, I do not know if it is a legal copy or not. HELP
Please....
=20
Patricia J. Stockwell

Library Technician III / College Archivist

Pikes Peak Community College

5675 S. Academy Blvd. Box 7

Colorado Springs, CO 80906

patricia.stockwell@ppcc.edu