RE: [Videolib] Black like me[Scanned]

Mark Kopp (mkopp@iu08.org)
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:36:18 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C73B40.4EB12045

A few random thoughts...
=20
Ahhhhhh...the death gurgles of VHS Tape.=20
=20
*Pensive look*... I remember back when they used 16mm film...
=20
And if you're keeping score, High Def DVD was SUPPOSED to be the next
generation, but it looks like manufacturers, at approximately a 3 to 1
ratio are moving toward Blue Ray Disks! This time, Sony isn't going to
be beaten, like they did with BETA. They've gotten the manufacturers
behind them while High Def DVD sat on their "laurels" and assumed
everyone would follow.=20
=20
Non-moving storage is catching up fast too! Sandisk now (actually since
Sept, '06) has a 16GB CompactFlash Card (thats approximately 4x the
capacity of a standard DVD) in a 1.43'' x 1.68'' x .13'' package!!!=20
=20
They sent men to the moon using 64meg computers...by the way, there's
1000 meg in a gig. The computer from which this e-mail was generated has
TWO 120gb hard drives with 2gig of RAM. The 10gig machine in the lab,
when I went to college, took up more space then my whole office, weighed
several tons, needed it's own air conditioning unit, and ran on 440
volts!=20
=20
It's mind-boggling!
=20