RE: [Videolib] Black like me

Milos Stehlik (mstehlik@comcast.net)
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:43:32 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0054_01C73B0F.08335AC0

I would just echo Jessica's comment: in a cross-check of Facets' rental
library, only about 40% of all titles have migrated to DVD. Given the fact
that the materials available to author many titles to the more demanding DVD
specifications are either unavailable or difficult/expensive to access, I
think many films will NEVER make it to DVD.

Milos Stehlik

Facets Multi-Media, Inc.

1517 West Fullerton Avenue

Chicago, IL 60614 USA

Voice: 1-773-281-9075

FAX: 1-773-929-5437

milos@facets.org

_____

From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jessica Rosner
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 1:52 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Black like me

I doubt it is legally available on DVD. If you can't find it in the usual
places than assume it isn't
FYI that is a REALLY bad idea re throwing out the VHS especially for a
college
There are TENS of thousands of titles that were released on video that are
not on DVD and many never will be
We probably have up to 100 in our library alone.

On 1/18/07 12:25 PM, "Stockwell, Patricia" <Patricia.Stockwell@ppcc.edu>