Re: [Videolib] Black like me

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:52:02 -0500

--B_3251976724_622747608

I doubt it is legally available on DVD. If you can=B9t find it in the usual
places than assume it isn=B9t
FYI that is a REALLY bad idea re throwing out the VHS especially for a
college
There are TENS of thousands of titles that were released on video that are
not on DVD and many never will be
We probably have up to 100 in our library alone.

On 1/18/07 12:25 PM, "Stockwell, Patricia" <Patricia.Stockwell@ppcc.edu>
wrote:

> Does anyone know if =B3Black Like Me=B2 starring James Whitmore is available =
on
> DVD. Today I found out that the library is getting rid of all of our VHS
> tapes. (Yes the whole collection.) But, they want this VHS in DVD format=
and
> I do not think it was ever produced in DVD. Does anyone know who might s=
ell
> it? I went on Amazon and found a DVD edition for $ 240.00. But, I do no=
> know if it is a legal copy or not. HELP Please=8A.
> =20
> Patricia J. Stockwell
>=20
> Library Technician III / College Archivist
>=20
> Pikes Peak Community College
>=20
> 5675 S. Academy Blvd. Box 7
>=20
> Colorado Springs, CO 80906
>=20
> patricia.stockwell@ppcc.edu
>=20
> =20
>=20

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3251976724_622747608

Re: [Videolib] Black like me I dou= bt it is legally available on DVD. If you  can’t find it in the u= sual places than assume it isn’t
FYI that is a REALLY bad idea re throwing out the VHS especially for a coll= ege
There are TENS of thousands of titles that were released on video that are = not on DVD and many never will be
We probably have up to 100 in our library alone.

Does anyone know if “Black Like Me” starring Jam= es Whitmore is available on DVD.  Today I found out that the library is= getting rid of all of our VHS tapes.  (Yes the whole collection.) But,= they want this VHS in DVD format and I do not think it was ever produced in= DVD.  Does anyone know who might sell it?  I went on Amazon and f= ound a DVD edition for $ 240.00.  But, I do not know if it is a legal c= opy or not.  HELP Please….

Patricia J. Stockwell

Library Technician III / College Archivist

Pikes Peak Community College

5675 S. Academy Blvd.  Box 7

Colorado Springs,  CO  80906