Re: [Videolib] Need mailing list help from a librarian

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:10:08 -0500

--B_3251441411_590639978

Alas they don=B9t give me much access to intern labor
I can see a place getting 2 Kino catalogues but we don=B9t have the money to
carpet bomb anyone and the main catalogue
Only goes out once a year.
I will be spending my weekend in the office arbitrarily kicking people off
the list before I send it the printers
Next week.

On 1/12/07 9:27 AM, "Meghann Matwichuk" <mtwchk@udel.edu> wrote:

> [...]
ion
>> Ours our consumer friendly so give an extras to a friendly film buff
>>=20
>>=20
>> On 1/11/07 3:51 PM, "Bergman, Barbara J" <barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu>
>> <mailto:barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu> wrote:
>>=20
>> =20
>> =20
>>> =20
>>> Jessica,
>>>=20
>>> I for one ultimately end up with all copies of video catalogs that
>>> arrive in the Library, regardless of who they were addressed to. So in
>>> my opinion, one per library is just fine.
>>>=20
>>> I am amazed how many companies send multiple copies to the library,
>>> especially that ones using outdated data. I still get catalogs
>>> addressed to my predecessor (retired 2000) and to Mankato State (name
>>> changed about 10 years ago)...and may or may not get a copy that is
>>> addressed to me.
>>>=20
>>> Barb Bergman | Media Services Librarian | Minnesota State
>>> University-Mankato | (507) 389-5945 | barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of is=
sues
>>> relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic contro=
l,
>>> preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in librarie=
s and
>>> related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effect=
ive
>>> working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communicatio=
>>> between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and
>>> distributors.
>>> =20
>>> =20
>> =20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
>> =20
>> Jessica Rosner
>> Kino International
>> 333 W 39th St. 503
>> NY NY 10018
>> jrosner@kino.com
>> 212-629-6880
>>=20
>>=20
>> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of iss=
ues
>> relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control=
,
>> preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries=
and
>> related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effecti=

Re: [Videolib] Need mailing list help from a librarian Alas = they don’t give me much access to intern labor
I can see a place getting 2 Kino catalogues but we don’t have the mon= ey to carpet bomb anyone and the main catalogue
Only goes out once a year.
I will be spending my weekend in the office arbitrarily kicking people off = the list before I send it the printers
Next week.

On 1/12/07 9:27 AM, "Meghann Matwichuk" <mtwchk@udel.edu> w= rote:

I can understand how this might be a time drain, but on= e solution may be (if you note you are sending multiple copies of your catal= og to one location) to put in a phonecall to see if you can speak to the per= son in charge of media, and find out directly from them who the catalog shou= ld be sent to.   (Possible task for an intern?)  I have one m= ajor distributor who does this from time to time, but then again we still ge= t carpet-bombed with their catalogs for anyone and everyone who works here c= urrently and in years past...

Best,

*************************

Jessica Rosner wrote:

Well I am sure I  am guilty of the multiple thing for two reasons
It is is very hard to arbitrarily knock someone out unless it is obvious they are gone and we can't combine the commercially bought lists with ours<= BR> so this will inevitably lead to multiple catalogues at the same institution=
[...]

related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective<= BR> working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and
distributors.

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues= relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, p= reservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and = related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective w= orking tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication betw= een libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors= .