RE: [Videolib] Need mailing list help from a librarian

Chris McNevins (Chris.McNevins@uconn.edu)
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:41:18 -0500

DITTO....DITTO....DITTO....you said it best, Barb!

You just described my #1 pet peeve. Each time I sort the mail (at home
and at work) I shutter to think of the number of trees cut down.

We have mail still coming to a former department head who died in 1993!

Chris McNevins
Non-Print Coordinator
University of Connecticut
Homer Babbidge Library
Collections Services - Acquisitions Monographs
369 Fairfield Way Unit 2005AM
Storrs, CT 06269-2005
ph: 860-486-3842
fax:860-486-6493
email: chris.mcnevins@uconn.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Bergman, Barbara
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 3:52 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu

Jessica,

I for one ultimately end up with all copies of video catalogs that
arrive in the Library, regardless of who they were addressed to. So in
my opinion, one per library is just fine.

I am amazed how many companies send multiple copies to the library,
especially that ones using outdated data. I still get catalogs
addressed to my predecessor (retired 2000) and to Mankato State (name
changed about 10 years ago)...and may or may not get a copy that is
addressed to me.

Barb Bergman | Media Services Librarian | Minnesota State
University-Mankato | (507) 389-5945 | barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu

producers and distributors.