Re: [Videolib] 35mm Rentals Question

Steven Harris (SteHar@library.lib.usu.edu)
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:35:09 -0700

--=__PartFFDB11BD.0__=

Don't you mean * on nickelodeon? ;)
=20
--Steven Harris
=20

>>> Matt Bailey <mbailey@carleton.edu> 1/11/2007 3:33 pm >>>
DVD is nice, cheap, and convenient, particulary for teaching, but it =20
is absolutely no substitute for seeing films as they were originally =20
intended to be seen--on film.

--
Matt Bailey
Media Resources Coordinator

http://blogs.carleton.edu/Media_Resources_Blog/

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of = issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic = control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in = libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve = as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of = communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video = producers and distributors.

--=__PartFFDB11BD.0__= Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Description: HTML

wrote:

> Um, I'm going to ask the = obvious here and say:
> What does he have against DVD?  My film = profs were perfectly happy to
> change over to DVD (which was not = the case with VHS).
> Especially when I explained that I can buy a = whole lotta $20 DVDs
> instead of one $300 rental...
>
> = Barb Bergman | Media Services Librarian | Minnesota State
> = University-Mankato | (507) 389-5945 | barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu
--
Mat= t Bailey
Media Resources Coordinator
Carleton College Library
One = North College Street
Northfield, MN 55057

http://blogs.carleton.e= du/Media_Resources_Blog/

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the = broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation= , acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and = evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped = that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians,= as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational = institutions, and video producers and distributors.
--=__PartFFDB11BD.0__=-- VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.