[Videolib] Re: [Vidalia] Need mailing list help from a librarian

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:34:04 -0500

Well I am sure I am guilty of the multiple thing for two reasons
It is is very hard to arbitrarily knock someone out unless it is obvious
they are gone and we can't combine the commercially bought lists with ours
so this will inevitably lead to multiple catalogues at the same institution
Ours our consumer friendly so give an extras to a friendly film buff

On 1/11/07 3:51 PM, "Bergman, Barbara J" <barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu> wrote:

> Jessica,
>
> I for one ultimately end up with all copies of video catalogs that
> arrive in the Library, regardless of who they were addressed to. So in
> my opinion, one per library is just fine.
>
> I am amazed how many companies send multiple copies to the library,
> especially that ones using outdated data. I still get catalogs
> addressed to my predecessor (retired 2000) and to Mankato State (name
> changed about 10 years ago)...and may or may not get a copy that is
> addressed to me.
>
> Barb Bergman | Media Services Librarian | Minnesota State
> University-Mankato | (507) 389-5945 | barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu

> distributors.

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner