Re: [Videolib] 35mm Rentals Question

Meghann Matwichuk (mtwchk@udel.edu)
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:50:22 -0500

--------------050403090208060508050808

Yes, this does seem rather... exorbitant to be spending the kinds of
resources to rent multiple 35mm films for a single class. I don't say
that to be critical -- it's that I'm very curious and would love to hear
more about this situation. Univ. of DE supports film rentals for
campus-wide film series. But this is a series that is open to all UD
students and staff, as well as the community. We do have a 16mm film
collection that is used by faculty, but rarely do we rent them from
outside sources anymore. But 35mm?? Wow! I would have loved to have
been in his class when I was earning my Bachelor's in Cinema Studies!

Meghann Matwichuk, M.S.
Senior Assistant Librarian
Morris Library, University of Delaware
181 S. College Ave.