RE: [Videolib] 35mm Rentals Question

Bergman, Barbara J (barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu)
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 16:54:14 -0600

Um, I'm going to ask the obvious here and say:
What does he have against DVD? My film profs were perfectly happy to
change over to DVD (which was not the case with VHS).
Especially when I explained that I can buy a whole lotta $20 DVDs
instead of one $300 rental...

Barb Bergman | Media Services Librarian | Minnesota State
University-Mankato | (507) 389-5945 | barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Karen Baxter
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 3:26 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] 35mm Rentals Question

Hello Videolib,

I have a question that I hope the collective wisdom and experience of
this group can help answer. Our Film Services manager and I have been
unable to locate the companies that have the distribution rights and can

provide educational rentals for the following westerns. She has
exhausted all of her regular sources. One of our Film / Video School
faculty is teaching a History of the Western course this semester and
wanted to rent 35mm films to show to his class. He is most interested
in "Johnny Guitar", directed by Nicholas Ray.

Can anyone help and point us in the direction we need to go? Or is this

a hopeless endeavor?

JOHNNY GUITAR - Nicholas Ray (1954) on 35mm
THE SEARCHERS - John Ford (1956) on 35mm
THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE- John Ford (1962) on 35mm
SEVEN MEN FROM NOW - Budd Boetticher (1959)
MCCABE AND MRS. MILLER - Robert Altman (1971)
RIDE THE HIGH COUNTRY - Sam Peckinpah (1969)

Thank you so much!
Karen Baxter

--
Karen Baxter