Re: [Videolib] Need mailing list help from a librarian

Vicki Lee Woods (woodsvic@webster.edu)
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 16:59:36 -0600 (CST)

Jessica,

I suspect we're on your list, but here's my feedback anyway. I think
the salutation of Audiovisual Librarian is fine. As for us buying
through a second source, yes, I think that's true that most public
libraries have one or two vendors they deal with--though if the second
source doesn't have one of your titles then--speaking for myself--we'd
come straight to Kino to purchase it. Hope this helps.

PS Drop me a line sometime.

Jessica Rosner wrote:

>In addition to our own lists we buy commercial lists which are good up
to a
>point but we end buying a few thousand that really just have the regular
>library address. So I have two questions to help me decide who I should
>actually mail to for libraries that our NOT on our mailing.
>
>While Universities tend to order at a much higher rate from Kino
DIRECTLY
>( public libraries go to wholesalers most of the time) I think most
>universities order more per faculty request than general collection re
DVD
>There for I worry that sending our beautiful new catalogue with 500
titles
>will go straight to a reference shelf. I believe Public Librarians tend
more
>to look through it and pick out what they might want right away though
they
>May end buying through a 2nd source
>Would the above be true.
>
>Adding to this dilemma is that this list as I said would be generic
>So either Paul Smith Library, Univ. of Guam etc or
>Lake Mike City Library Main St etc
>
>To get the catalogue to the person who would ardor DVDs what would
>Be a good salutation? We have been using Attn. Audiovisual Librarian
>Is this OK ,too specific or too generic
>

>So You guys have picked my brain re distributors for years and now I am
>picking yours for Librarian info
>
>Thanks
>

>Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
>
>Jessica Rosner
>Kino International
>333 W 39th St. 503
>NY NY 10018
>jrosner@kino.com
>212-629-6880

libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will
serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a
channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions,
and video producers and distributors.