[Videolib] Ryan White Foundation

Michael Vollmar-Grone (vollmami@oplin.org)
Fri, 05 Jan 2007 13:08:46 -0500

--------------050600050908090007060603

We purchased our VHS from the Ryan White Foundation which unfortunately
shut down in 1999.
When the tape arrived, it was in generic packaging.

For more information, see

http://www.aegis.com/news/ads/1999/AD991772.html

*Ryan White Foundation Is Shutting Down*

/Philadelphia Inquirer (10/19//99) P. A2/

The Ryan White Foundation will close this month, the result of
decreasing donations. Jeanne White-Ginder, the founder of the
organization named for her son, who died nearly a decade ago after
contracting HIV through contaminated blood-clotting products, said she
now plans to join AIDS Action.

--
Michael Vollmar-Grone
Director of Audiovisual Services

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 11:05:59 -0500 From: Linda Hellman <lhellman@optonline.net> Subject: [Videolib] Fw: Ryan White Story

- --Boundary_(ID_Yu/ydlu46+chtB/EoA1j+g) Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

Ryan White StoryDoes anyone have information on the below?

Linda Hellman,Regional Sales Manager Ambrose Video Publishing 145 W.45th Street -Suite 1115 New York NY 10036 1.888.802.6715

We have a district that wishes to use a video titled The Ryan White Story. This was a made-for-TV movie, c1989. We cannot find it anywhere for purchase.

In the meantime, the teacher found it available, on the web, via a company called CVMC (http://www.cvmc.net).

The purchase price for the DVD version is $39.99, but because she is a teacher, she received a reduced price.

When she received it, it is a DVD that looks like it was "home-created", i.e., generic packaging, with DVD burned from a vhs. There is a statement which says "If one or more of the films you selected are in the Public Domain they will be duplicated onto DVD-R Region=0 NTSC Only.... We do not provide PAL, SECAM or other formats. Public domain films are films which are not protected by USA copyright laws. They come in generic packaging and may be duplicated from VHS masters."

Does anyone know about the CVMC organization? Is it legitimate?

or

Better yet, does anyone know where we might purchase The Ryan White Story?

Thanks so much!

Penny Lester, Director Instructional Technology Support Services Division Erie 2-Chautauqua-Cattaraugus BOCES LoGuidice Educational Center 9520 Fredonia-Stockton Road Fredonia, New York 14063 PH: 716-672-4371 FAX: 716-672-2393

--------------050600050908090007060603 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> We purchased our VHS from the Ryan White Foundation which unfortunately shut down in 1999.