Re: [Videolib] Fw: Ryan White Story

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Fri, 05 Jan 2007 11:45:07 -0500

--B_3250842310_554698585

This is weird. The site itself looks totally legit. I did not spot any
bootleg titles.
It certainly would be illegal to sell a home made copy of THE RYAN WHITE
STORY.
I can=B9t say what is going on but unlike other sites which CLEARLY sell
illegal stuff
At least in what it puts up on the site this one does not

On 1/5/07 11:05 AM, "Linda Hellman" <lhellman@optonline.net> wrote:

> Does anyone have information on the below?
> =20
> Linda Hellman,Regional Sales Manager
> Ambrose Video Publishing
> 145 W.45th Street -Suite 1115
> New York NY 10036
> 1.888.802.6715
>=20
> We have a district that wishes to use a video titled The Ryan White Story=
.
> This was a made-for-TV movie, c1989. We cannot find it anywhere for purc=
hase.
>=20
> In the meantime, the teacher found it available, on the web, via a compan=
> called CVMC (http://www.cvmc.net).
>=20
> The purchase price for the DVD version is $39.99, but because she is a
> teacher, she received a reduced price.
>=20
> When she received it, it is a DVD that looks like it was =B3home-created=B2, =
i.e.,
> generic packaging, with DVD burned from a vhs. There is a statement whic=
> says =B3If one or more of the films you selected are in the Public Domain t=
hey
> will be duplicated onto DVD-R Region=3D0 NTSC Only.... We do not provide PA=
L,
> SECAM or other formats. Public domain films are films which are not prote=
cted
> by USA copyright laws. They come in generic packaging and may be duplicat=
ed
> from VHS masters.=B2
>=20
> Does anyone know about the CVMC organization? Is it legitimate?
>=20
> or
>=20
> Better yet, does anyone know where we might purchase The Ryan White Story=
?
>=20
> Thanks so much!
>=20
>=20
> Penny Lester, Director
> Instructional Technology Support Services Division
> Erie 2-Chautauqua-Cattaraugus BOCES
> LoGuidice Educational Center
> 9520 Fredonia-Stockton Road
> Fredonia, New York 14063
> PH: 716-672-4371
> FAX: 716-672-2393
>=20
>=20

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3250842310_554698585

Re: [Videolib] Fw: Ryan White Story This = is weird. The site itself looks totally legit. I did not spot any bootleg ti= tles.
It certainly would be illegal to sell a home made copy of THE RYAN WHITE ST= ORY.
I can’t say what is  going on but unlike other sites which CLEAR= LY sell illegal stuff
At least in what it puts up on the site this one does not

Does anyone have information on the below?

Linda Hellman,Regional Sales Manager
Ambrose Video Publishing
145 W.45th Street -Suite 1115
New York NY 10036
1.888.802.6715

We have a district that wishes to use a video titled The Ryan White= Story.  This was a made-for-TV movie, c1989.  We cannot find it a= nywhere for purchase.

In the meantime, the teacher found it available, on the web, via a company = called CVMC (http://www.cvmc.net).

The purchase price for the DVD version is $39.99, but because she is a teac= her, she received a reduced price.

When she received it, it is a DVD that looks like it was “home-create= d”, i.e., generic packaging, with DVD burned from a vhs.  There i= s a statement which says “
If one or more of the= films you selected are in the Public Domain they will be duplicated onto DV= D-R Region=3D0 NTSC Only.... We do not provide PAL, SECAM or other formats. Pu= blic domain films are films which are not protected by USA copyright laws. T= hey come in generic packaging and may be duplicated from VHS masters.”=

Does anyone know about the CVMC organization?  Is it le= gitimate?

or

Better yet, does anyone know where we might purchase The Ryan White Story?<= BR>
Thanks so much!