Re: [Videolib] CDigix?

Mon, 04 Dec 2006 14:13:28 -0800

Haven't used it, but I've talked extensively with these guys and have test
driven a bit.

The system is really set up to handle video reserve viewing in academic
library contexts rather than supporting standing collections of digital
video. The encoded materials have a digital rights management wrapper that
automatically shuts down access after a certain period of time.

CDigix folks are very nice, but they have some truly strange ideas and
contentions about copyright.

Call me sometime if you want to talk more.

Gary

At 12:26 PM 12/4/2006, you wrote:
>Is anyone out there using their CLabs service?
>I'd love to hear your feedback, if so--
>
>Maureen Tripp
>Media Librarian
>Media Services Center
>180 Tremont St. 3rd Floor
>Boston, MA 02116
>maureen_tripp@emerson.edu
>(617)824-8676

>as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
>producers and distributors.

UC Berkeley

--Guy Debord