Re: [Videolib] Rights holder?

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:29:24 -0500

--B_3247572566_358503294

FYI my contact at Columbia confirms the film reverted to Gaumont
Should be easy enough to find but trust me you don=B9t want to know how much
they will want for it

On 11/28/06 11:16 AM, "Jessica Rosner" <jrosner@kino.com> wrote:

> Well it was of course a Columbia film but from the infamous Puntnam perio=
d.
> If Columbia=B9s rights expired it would revert back to the producer
> Which may well have been Gaumont but I am not sure
> Best way to check would be to see if you can find the original VARIETY re=
view
> Which should list original distributor
> However if as I suspect it is Gaumont or one of the other big French comp=
anies
> It would almost surely be VERY difficult and VERY, VERY expensive
>=20
> There is no doubt it CAN be tracked and not that difficult but unless it =
is
> VERY important
> And you have a LOT of money to spend I would not do it
>=20
>=20
> On 11/28/06 10:29 AM, "Karen Gruber" <gruber@muhlenberg.edu> wrote:
>=20
>> Hi All,
>> =20
>> I am looking for the public performance rights for the film, Yol directe=
d by
>> Serif Goren and Yilmaz Guney. I believe Swank had the rights until 2002=
and
>> that seems to be the end of the trail. If anyone has any information, I
>> would appreciate it.
>> =20
>> Thanks,
>> Karen
>> =20
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Karen Gruber
>> Acquisitions Manager
>> Trexler Library/Muhlenberg College
>> 2400 Chew Street/Allentown, PA 18104
>> Phone: 484-664-3570/Fax: 484-664-3511
>> gruber@muhlenberg.edu
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
> =20
> Jessica Rosner
> Kino International
> 333 W 39th St. 503
> NY NY 10018
> jrosner@kino.com
> 212-629-6880
>=20

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3247572566_358503294

Re: [Videolib] Rights holder? FYI m= y contact at Columbia confirms the film reverted to Gaumont
Should be easy enough to find but trust me you don’t want to know how= much they will want for it

On 11/28/06 11:16 AM, "Jessica Rosner" <jrosner@kino.com> w= rote:

Well it was of course a Columbia film but from the infa= mous Puntnam period.
If Columbia’s rights expired it would revert back to the producer