Re: [Videolib] Rights holder?

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:16:03 -0500

--B_3247557365_357563928

Well it was of course a Columbia film but from the infamous Puntnam period.
If Columbia=B9s rights expired it would revert back to the producer
Which may well have been Gaumont but I am not sure
Best way to check would be to see if you can find the original VARIETY
review
Which should list original distributor
However if as I suspect it is Gaumont or one of the other big French
companies
It would almost surely be VERY difficult and VERY, VERY expensive

There is no doubt it CAN be tracked and not that difficult but unless it is
VERY important
And you have a LOT of money to spend I would not do it

On 11/28/06 10:29 AM, "Karen Gruber" <gruber@muhlenberg.edu> wrote:

> Hi All,
> =20
> I am looking for the public performance rights for the film, Yol directed=
by
> Serif Goren and Yilmaz Guney. I believe Swank had the rights until 2002 =
and
> that seems to be the end of the trail. If anyone has any information, I =
would
> appreciate it.
> =20
> Thanks,
> Karen
> =20
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Karen Gruber
> Acquisitions Manager
> Trexler Library/Muhlenberg College
> 2400 Chew Street/Allentown, PA 18104
> Phone: 484-664-3570/Fax: 484-664-3511
> gruber@muhlenberg.edu
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>=20

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE
=20
Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3247557365_357563928

Re: [Videolib] Rights holder? Well = it was of course a Columbia film but from the infamous Puntnam period.
If Columbia’s rights expired it would revert back to the producer