1. What campus events does your library keep and catalog?
2. How do you decide what you keep and what is appropriate for your
collection (do you have a collection policy you'd be willing to share)?
3. Does the library (media department?), or does the archive keep the
copies, or do both keep a copy?
4. Are these items available for checkout?
5. If so, do you make a copy and check that out?
I will summarize responses for the list.
Thanks for anticipated help in this,
Westmont College, Voskuyl Library
955 La Paz Rd.
Santa Barbara, CA 93108
phone: (805) 565-6144 fax (805) 565-6220
VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.