Re: [Videolib] Silent Films Pocahontas and John Smith

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Fri, 03 Nov 2006 10:45:23 -0500

LOC can make you a video copy for probably around $100- $150 dollars
Otherwise I don't know of other formats for it but hard to track early
Porters.
You should ask LOC to look the 1924 film up on the FIAF database
That should be reliable as to IF it exists and in what archive but
Keep in mind 90% of or more of silent films are lost

On 11/3/06 10:06 AM, "goberle" <goberle@gmu.edu> wrote:

> Hello list. I am having some trouble locating copies of some silent era
> films and was hoping that someone on the list could point me in the
> right direction. I have put the three I am struggling to find below.
> Thanks for any assistance that you can lend to me. Best--George
>
> Pocahontas (1908) - may also be called "Pocahontas: A Child of the Forest" or
> simply "A Child of the Forest". LOC has a copy (on kinetoscope) of a film
> called "A Child of the Forest" (also directed by Edwin Porter) from 1909. I
> was wondering if anyone knows of any other formats that this might be in (and
> available).
>

> Captain John Smith and Pocahontas (1908)
>
> Pocahontas and John Smith (1924)

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International