RE: [Videolib] vbrick systems any good?

Thu, 02 Nov 2006 07:44:18 -0800

--=====================_30455984==.ALT

It has been quite awhile since I talked to these guys, but I seem to recall
that they were offering an MP4-based delivery system that is intended to
deliver video content over local-area networks, rather than over the
internet at large...

gary

At 10:38 AM 11/1/2006, you wrote:
>Gary,
>Can you explain more about it?
>Thanks
>cindy

>Cindy Badilla-Melendez
>Media Resources Librarian
>O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library,
>University of St. Thomas
>phone (651) 962-5464
>fax (651) 962-5406
>
>----------

UC Berkeley

--Guy Debord

--=====================_30455984==.ALT

It has been quite awhile since I talked to these guys, but I seem to recall that they were offering an MP4-based delivery system that is intended to deliver video content over local-area networks, rather than over the internet at large...

gary

It's a system that's really intended to work on a local area network, which means that if you plan on delivering content to off-campus or off-site users, you're sorta sunk.

Gary

Are any of you using VBRICK http://www.vbrick.com/ at your university? If so, what is your experience? The IT people here is looking into using them for streaming videos and others but I am not convinced that they will do what we need.

Please send me any comments.
Thanks,
Cindy

Cindy Badilla-Melendez