RE: [Videolib] vbrick systems any good?[Scanned]

Mark Kopp (mkopp@iu08.org)
Thu, 2 Nov 2006 08:28:05 -0500

If you don't have bandwidth, maybe consider a host to deliver your
files...check out Speedera Networks/Akamai at
http://www.akamai.com/html/solutions/media_delivery.html

************

Mark W. Kopp
Technology Assistant
IT Department
Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8
4500 6th Avenue
Altoona, PA 16602
P: 814-940-0223
F: 814-949-0984
C: 814-937-2802

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of
emily_vescogni@ivcc.edu
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 3:28 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] vbrick systems any good?[Scanned]

Actually they have products allowing the feed to go off network, too
(not that I have any experience with that). Our network people seem
comfortable with the product as we use it, to send one stream to
multiple locations.
We'd have bandwidth problems if we used the product to stream on demand.

Emily Vescogni
Director of Learning Technologies
Illinois Valley Community College
815 N. Orlando Smith Ave