RE: [Videolib] La Jetee on DVD

Maureen Tripp (Maureen_Tripp@emerson.edu)
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 15:06:13 -0500

I think I may finally have an answer, instead of a question!!!!!
Yes, La Jetee was on Short: Dreams. I believe they are out of print, but can still be found on amazon.
I posted something about La Jetee on our blog, and Jonathan from First Run replied that there may be a release from Criterion sometime in the future.
M.T.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-videolib@lists.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of John Streepy
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 2:42 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] La Jetee on DVD

Le Jetee was on one of the Short DVD "Dreams" These were a series of
DVDs having a number of short films with each centered on a particular
theme, 11 in all. I think Warner Brothers involvement was just the
distribution. We have the set, they are interesting.
jhs

>>> jrosner@kino.com 11/01/06 10:25 am >>>
New Yorker has theatrical and non theatrical rights but I don't think
there
Is a legit DVD in the US
I never heard of the Short Fuse collection
Was it available through Warner Bros in the US
That is pretty strange for a studio

Oddly enough I recently went to the MGM/UA home video site
And their first category was Avant Garde. I was curious what they would
have
that was avant garde and the list was just a riot
Stuff like THE PARTY with Peter Sellers & THE HANDMAID'S TALE. Strange
indeed

On 11/1/06 3:03 PM, "Joel S. Bachar" <joel@microcinema.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know if La Jetee is available on DVD?
> It used to be available on a Short Fuse compilaton thru Warner but
that
> title is no longer available.
> Thanks
> joel
>
> Joel S. Bachar
> Microcinema International/Microcinema DVD
> 1636 Bush St., Suite #2, SF, CA 94109, USA
> +415-447-9750
> www.microcinema.com

issues
> relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic
control,
> preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in
libraries and
> related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an
effective
> working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
communication
> distributors.

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner