RE: [Videolib] Russian/foreign video

Milos Stehlik (mstehlik@comcast.net)
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:57:44 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_008E_01C6F6B3.9FDD09C0

Just to complicate things a little more - Russico - which used to put out
DVDs from most of the Russian studios, no longer does (for example the
rights to all of the Lenfilm titles have reverted back to Lenfilm).
Secondly, not ALL of the titles that Russico puts out are legal for sale in
ALL markets - so, if you do find a title, even with English subtitles, on
the Russico website, it may not be legal for export to the U.S. This has not
stopped, of course, the legions of Russian video stores and websites, from
carrying them - they have, of course, effectively ruined the market for
Russian films abroad.

Milos Stehlik

Facets Multi-Media, Inc.

1517 West Fullerton Avenue