Re: [Videolib] Tv copyright question

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:42:54 -0400

--B_3244462975_171685994

Per my previous post this is true but a significant number of early drama
anthologies in particular were never
renewed. I have no idea if the original poster was looking for something in
particular.
Most of the stuff of any interest that DID go PD is usually for sale at
Amazon and other places
In cheap copies both in price & quality

On 10/23/06 3:17 PM, "Gary Handman" <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> probably not.
>
> Check out http://www.copyright.cornell.edu/training/Hirtle_Public_Domain.htm
>
> Consider a work broadcast on TV as "published"
>
> Gary
>
> 0/23/2006, you wrote:
>> Hi-
>> Is it possible that early television shows could already be in the public
>> domain? Is there any source that lists movies/television shows that are in
>> the public domain?
>>
>> As always, thanks!
>>
>> Sarah Andrews
>> University of Iowa Libraries
>>
> Gary Handman
> Director
> Media Resources Center
> Moffitt Library
> UC Berkeley
> ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
> http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC
>
> <http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC> "In societies where modern conditions of
> production prevail, all of life presents itself as an immense accumulation of
> spectacles."
>
> --Guy Debord

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3244462975_171685994

Re: [Videolib] Tv copyright question Per m= y previous post this is true but a significant number of early drama antholo= gies in particular were never