Re: [Videolib] Respecting another country's copyright laws regarding

Susan Weber (sweber@langara.bc.ca)
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:18:04 -0700

The Berne Convention is the correct answer. The US signed this
convention in 1989.
It is administered by WIPO, www.wipo.int and currently has 138 members.
Basically, member countries must provide copyright protection to all
other members.
The degree of protection and remedies for violation are governed by the
laws of
the country where protection is claimed.
Susan

--

Susan Weber, Media Librarian

Langara College, Advanced Education Media Acquisitions Centre 100 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver, B.C. V5Y 2Z6 http://www.langara.bc.ca/aemac

Tel. 604-323-5533 email: sweber@langara.bc.ca

Fast Forward Media Showcase, April 25-26, 2007

http://www.langara.bc.ca/ffwd