Re: [Videolib] Respecting another country's copyright laws

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:55:56 -0400

--B_3244024557_145413937

On 10/18/06 1:32 PM, "Stephen Davies" <SDavies@mtroyal.ca> wrote:

> No, you're governed by the copyright regime in the country of use, not
> the country of origin. In Canada, we purchase a lot of product from the USA
> and must always negotiate the performance rights which are required for our
> classrooms, altho they are not required down there. We sometimes have to
> explain to smaller distributors why we need their permission, etc. [And they
> aren't all as open-minded as Jessica R!]
>
> Great now you are going to ruin my reputation as an evil copyright witch. You
> guys have a really screwy copyright law
> You must laugh or cry when you read some of the discussion on videolib about
> making copies, streaming, state rights immunity
>
> Seriously I have NO idea how you can survive up there. No CHAPLIN features, No
> Wenders films etc

Proud Resident of a BLUE STATE

Jessica Rosner
Kino International
333 W 39th St. 503
NY NY 10018
jrosner@kino.com
212-629-6880

--B_3244024557_145413937

Re: [Videolib] Respecting another country's copyright laws regarding= classroom use of home-use videos